Thursday, July 2, 2015

Around the House

Around these parts, I cloth diaper.  It can be an obsessive thing, if you aren't careful.  I joined some groups and exchanged some things and now I'm chasing down cute covers and things.  In the past, I was not as good about taking care of my cloth diapers.  However, the things I used stayed in use for two kids.  Not bad.  I learned that I loved flats and prefolds with covers.  I don't love All-In-Ones and I don't love Pocket Diapers.  But, I love cloth diapers enough to use both regardless.  I have a stash of Smartipants diapers that are pocket diapers and I've had them for what feels like forever.  They work great for toddlers.  I don't even think they still make them.  I have a cover I made that fits great, a Tots Bots cover that I absolutely adore, some bargained for covers and now this;


This cover was a giveaway win from EcoAble.  I loved the name and wanted to try them.  I entered one of their Friday giveaways and, to my surprise, I won.  Trust me, I was shocked.  They mailed it super fast.  You can find them at EcoAble.net.  Their prices are very reasonable.  Their products are produced in China, but they claim their factories are fair and humane.  I won't make a comment either way because I don't know for sure but they comment about it on their website.  They also sell their diapers over at Amazon.  I can't wait to try them.  Hopefully, some cloth diapering mama will see this and try them too.

On the food front, I recently tried So Delicious Cashew Milk Frozen Dessert in Salted Caramel flavor.  Oh my goodness...absolute heaven.  If you are vegan, or just venturing into vegan, this will fix your ice cream cravings without working your blender.  There is no coconut flavor, just creamy, dairy free goodness.  Which helps because it has been hard to get back to eating healthy and humanely in a sugar and meat obsessed house.  There isn't much support so I end up giving in and eating with everyone else.  I'm determined to be back to vegan by the time my baby reaches 6 months, though.  I've put it out officially in the blogosphere.  You heard it here.  I'm about to go search for a good alternative to the hot dogs they're eating later, now.  Catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment