Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A Shout Out to a Few Faves

First of all, yesterday was International Midwives Day. So I want more than anything to say thank you to all of those women who choose the midwifery profession.  My life has been so profoundly changed by midwives. My first three children were c-sections and when I was thinking of having a fourth child, I thought I didn't want to get cut again.  That was a true test of faith. A dear friend introduced me to her midwife that had delivered four of her babies. So it was, with a great deal of prayer and amazing support, my fourth baby was delivered at home with the careful care and watchful eye of midwives. My fifth and now sixth were also delivered at home with midwifery care. I was even more blessed to be able to have the same midwife for all three.  She attended the first two with the main midwife while she was training.  This third delivery was hers along with her assistant.  She now has her own midwifery practice. But I tell you, midwives not just women at your birth.  They are a wealth of love and comfort and wisdom that makes birth so incredible.  It is painful and challenging, it requires you to go to strength only God can provide.  But their gentle voice and firm resolve really push you through. I trust the midwives who've cared for me and my precious babies and I thank them for giving me a different kind of birth from what I had known.

Second, this week is Small Business Week.  I want to thank all of those who create goods and resolutely set themselves to selling them.  Midwives are also small businesses. But I have been known to browse Etsy and I have purchased lotion from a friend that was incredible in my hair.  Here are a few links to my fave Etsy shops:

www.etsy.com/shop/LuxNaturesSupplies
www.etsy.com/shop/MamaBearBabyWear

And one on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/AlongCameNovemberDesigns

Hopefully, you find a chance this week to show some love to a small business owner by spending some money with them. That's what this great nation was built on, capitalism at its best.

No comments:

Post a Comment